Thursday, January 27, 2011

Welcome to the World Amelia!

Amelia Mary Allen

This post has taken me a long time to write. It's a very hard thing to describe something like watching your first child being born. It was absolutely the most AMAZING moment if my life.

I'll keep this fairly short. My wife Morgan was absolutely incredible through the entire 18 hours of labor. She pushed for 2 and 1/2 hours, and I have never been more impressed with someone. When all was said and done we were blessed with a 6 lb 11oz baby girl named Amelia!




The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind! I haven't had to go back to work yet and to be honest Morgan has done most of the work. I feel guilty, but it has been nice being our own little family laying around the house and enjoying each others company.
I've been able to get some decent training time in during my paternity leave but the real test will come when I go back to work. The plan is to swim Monday, Wednesday, Friday in the morning at the Valley YMCA. We just switched gyms and the pool at the Y is sooo much better than Oz. Swimming in the Morning means 5 am for me and that will take some getting used to.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats again you guys and way to go Morgan!! Oh and hey, you won the Rapid Rabbit Run? That's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you, Scott! Your daughter is gorgeous! Parenthood is an incredible journey - more rewarding and amazing than anything you'll ever experience. Roger and I have learned A LOT about the balance of triathlon and family... as it obviously changes a lot when you have kiddos. Seriously, I highly recommend you and Roger go for a run/out to coffee/whatever. Pick his brain about what's worked and what hasn't worked when trying to balance family, friends, work, health and triathlon- you'll get it from a male perspective. Just a thought.

    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the little one and be sure to take Jessi up on her recommendation.

    ReplyDelete