Friday, December 9, 2011

De Soto Polypro Thermal jersey review

Living in the northwest I am constantly on the look out for things to keep warm while training in frigid temperatures. After a couple of years of doubling up on Underarmour cold weather shirts and fleece beanies I think I've finally found the best solution.

This is it!  The De Soto Polypro thermal jersey is awesome.  
1.  Its thicker without being cumbersome.  There is a fleece liner to keep you warm, however it still seems to breath remarkably well.
2.  It has a hood.  I know what you're thinking "big deal" hoods just bounce around and get in the way.  This hood is different though.  Its tight around your head and cut slightly in on the side so it doesn't inhibit your line of sight at all.  It reminds me of the suits you see speed skaters wearing. 
3.  It has thumb holes.  You can cover nearly half of your hand with these thumb holes and it keeps the sleeve from sliding up.
4.  It had a pocket at the top of the neck that you can put a chemical warmer in.  I haven't actually put a warmer in there but I have put my ipod in there and it worked great.  
Bottom line the Polypro jersey is great for biking, running cross country skiing and I'm sure it would work for any outdoor activity where you want to be warm but don't want to worry about of a lot of bulkiness getting in your way.

2 comments:

  1. Scott - thanks for the good review. I've been looking for something besides the UA thermal wear. Might have to check this out!

    Hope your winter training is going well!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave. I really do love this top! We all know triathlon is a winter sport. it's just contested in the summer. I hope you're training is going well as well Dave!

    ReplyDelete