Thursday, January 5, 2012

2011 in the books!

Well, another year has come and gone. This was probably my best season to date racing and in life. It all started in January (I guess every year does) with my wife and I welcoming a little girl to the world. I then followed that up with a few hours less sleep than in 2010 and a lot more fun. I was injured at times, but was able to put together a pretty successful season. I picked my first overall triathlon win in the driving rain of Medical Lake then and snagged a slot to the 70.3 IM World Championship in Las Vegas.
There were a few age group wins along the way and all in all I had a great time!
I even met quite a few new training partners who I trained with quite a bit in 2011.
It was a lower volume year for me but here are my numbers
Swim- 391,960 yards
Bike- 3681 miles
Run- 698 miles
I'm not even going to put up my 2010 numbers because it's unfair to compare a year where I did 2 Ironman races to a year filled with 70.3's.
Next on the docket for me is Ironman Cda. After a little break I'm back at it as much as I can be right now. I'm excited for what 2012 will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment